What is a cookie
A cookie is a small piece of text that are sent by web servers normally to the user’s Internet browser or to other devices, which may be a personal computer or a smartphone, whenever the user visits the website or a social network. These files remember information about your visit and then identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be:
- Transient cookie (session cookie): They are erased when the user closes the web browser. They are stored in temporary memory to satisfy technical and functional requirements, such as the transmission of session identification data which is for a safe and efficient exploration of the site.
- Permanent cookie (consistent cookie): They are stored on a user’s hard drive until their expiration date or the deletion by the user/visitor. Many user-friendly features are provided through persistent cookies, such as browser language preferences or the storage of items in a shopping cart while making purchases online.
Cookies can be divided into two macro categories, based on the type of use:
- Technical cookies, which are used only for data communication on electronic communications networks or for specific services, which users expressly require. This type of cookies are essential for the functioning of the website or for activities requested by the user.
- Profiling cookies (web profiling), which create profiles of users to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing the Internet.
The technical cookie category includes:
- Session cookies,
- Functional cookies, which allow users to navigate depending on a series of criteria selected (for example browser language preferences or the storage of the shopping cart) in order to make your experience on the website better,
- Analytics cookies, used directly by the administrator of the website to gather statistical information in aggregated form, to count visitors to our website and analyse their usage of the website.
There are also “third-party cookies”, which are cookies that are set by a website other than the one which is currently being visited. They are used for third parties own purposes, including profiling cookies.
Such third parties act as independent holders of data processing through the cookies that they have served. Users should therefore refer to their policy of personal data, informative material and consent forms (selection and deselection of the respective cookies).
We are not able to identify you as an individual through this type of information.
The following section contains third-party cookies reported on our website (or on related services). For further information on third-party cookies and how to disable such cookies, please access to the following links.
Technical cookies to assure the proper functioning od third-party services
On our website, we use reproduction services video (or presentations) which may be subject to a cookie usage by third parties, in particular:
How delete cookies
Users can limit, block or delete cookies by modifying the appropriate settings within the browser.
The modifying process may vary depending on the type of browser operated by the user.
For detailed instructions, click on the link of your browser.
If you are not using one of these browsers, click the “Help” on your browser for information on how to proceed.
In case all cookies are disabled, certain features of the website will not be available or may not work properly. In this case users may have to modify or insert certain information or preferences whenever they visit the website.
If you accept cookies, users consent to their use to gather and elaborate information.